This yummy coffee recipe will keep you toasty over the cold winter months. Why not treat yourself to our fabulous traditional Italian style Cappuccino cups from the Como range, and try this great heart warming Christmas coffee.
- 12oz whole milk
- 5oz and a 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8oz unsweetened coco powder
- 2 ( 2-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 strip orange peel, about 1/2 inch by 3 inches
- 10 whole cloves
- 13oz hot brewed strong coffee
- 2oz cold heavy cream
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Coco powder, for garnish
In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, 5oz cup of the sugar, and cocoa until smooth. Add the cinnamon sticks, orange peel and cloves and bring to a simmer, stirring, to dissolve the sugar and prevent the coco from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat, cover, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whip the cream with the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar until thick and frothy, and peaks form. Set aside.